View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
If this is actually the case John, why didn't they reduce the '03 Certificate numbers by 53? It sort of presents a gray area, that has no real significance to anybody outside of our select group of owners. I mean it's nice to be able to say my car is actually the 39th production Mach 1, instead of the 92nd, but there's no paper trail, or documentation to prove that. So in that regard, those 53 pre-production cars actually do count toward the total production number for the 2003 model year.
It certainly does represent a gray area, and it's all a matter of perspective. If you want to look at it from one, my car is the 66th Mach 1 built...period. From the other, it's the 13th production Mach 1 built. Certainly I like the lower number, and being the 13th, as well as it's delivery on a Friday the 13th, makes for a much more interesting topic of conversation. There may be documentation that Dave has access too, all have are the handwritten notes that I made during my conversation with the guys from FPV. I didn't ask for those facts, they were given to me by the guy at FPV when I actually helped him uncover a serious numbering flaw in their system that led to a delay in the release of the certificates until the problem could be fixed.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote