View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #135
FloridaOrange
SCS Homie

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Here's a question....sort of. With my old mustang I was run off the road, up onto a curb by another car. I was coming up in the turn lane and the other car was in the straight lane (stopped) at the light 3 cars back, they decided to get over at a bad time.
Anyway, I avoided the guy but was leary of driving my car after I came off the curb (was about 6" high, squared shoulder type). Two people witnessed it and came back, the guy who ran me off the road stopped at a shop 2-3 blocks up the road and we could see him. I called the cops as I wanted a report, the cop did a field investigation and determined that the other guy was at fault after talking to me, the witnesses and the other driver.
Damage turned out to be limited to two scratched wheels and a serious alignment job. When I turned it into his ins. (unfortunately mine also) the insurance company put up a fight. What they told me was that "a cop was not qualified to say what happened, unless he was there". Have you guys ever had your investigative skills questioned by an insurance company?
FloridaOrange is offline   Reply With Quote