View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #109
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Unhappy Re: Carlisle 2020 - - - Who's in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03mach1 View Post
Well, made it to Williamsport and could not get it into gear to leave hiway, struggled and finally got stopped and thinking it's throwout bearing/clutch? let it sit, it shifted fine while engine was off, struggled to get back to hiway to return home, I didn't want to chance it any farther, since I know theres more stops in Selingsgrove. Coming back, it's all hiway, so made it home without too much difficulty, other than very hard shifting to get into higher gears. Clutch pedal really vibrating and chattering....

looks like we won't be coming back down, a few other things have come up also and we sorry we won't see our friends, have fun and stay safe! See ya'll next year. Hope to see pics from people!
Sad to hear, Dave. I guess the "Carlisle Curse" is alive and well. Most of us who have been to the All-Ford Nationals at Carlisle numerous times have a "Carlisle Curse Story" over the years.

It's most definitely going to be a reduced presence on the showfield. The hotel is pretty empty compared to years past and our diner crowd last night was only 7 long time MR1 regulars (The Franks, Draper's, and Hamilton's). One of the things we talked about over diner about how much this means to all of us. Over the years we've become family as we've watched each other's kids grow up and our hair colors change (or fall out ). It's truly a family reunion. Our Canadian friends will be truly missed as their Southern Border has been shut down due to the Corona Virus. It they wanted to attend this year, they'll have to come around to Mexico and sneak in that way.

All the virus protocols are in place and we will adapt and do as needed. Something interesting is the mask wearing has becoming a "fashion Statement". Dawn Franks has a really neat "Mach 1" face mask and I'll get some pictures and post up later.

The new 2021 Mach 1 will be here so there will be a little ray of sunshine for us to see, but knowing what 2020 has been so far, it'll probably rain on that too.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic