View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #29
3150Mach1
Love my Mach

Re: Head differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
There was never a head tick issue. Originally it was though to be a lifter tick and they had came up with the head fix by replacing the head however the actual noise is a result of collapse piston skirts on the piston its self. Due to excessive piston to wall clearance. The cylinder is actual cone shaped and the largest being at the top when the piston comes to the top of the cylinder the piston starts to rock back and forth when the cylinder fires rattling all the way down the cylinder.

Also the aviator head is different from the 03-04 head just for the record. And the fact that they were the only coolant improved head was a miss conception as well. As was the rumor of no production heads came with 9 thread
So given all this then need some discussion concerning the cooling and the cooling mods that help flow coolant at #7 & #8. Is this still an issue? I did the LFP cooling mod so mute point for me.
Kooks LTsw/OR X, elect cutouts, JLT RAI w/C&L 85 MAH,1" Spacer,PP Lower intake,Accufab TB,160 T-stat,EF Cooling Mod,NX Kit,Mez Electric Water pump,SLP Linelock,FRPP 4.10s-Alum Dif Cover-Alum Driveshaft & SL, Steeda Bumpsteer,MM Alum rack bushings,Deep Alum Tranny pan,Predator,Steeda AUCAs,MM ALCAs, Dspecs,MM CC plates & FLSFCs,MRT Guage cluster,AEM WB,MRT hood struts,Seq TLs, carbon fiber hood/trunk/Cobra wing,220 amp alt
3150Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote