View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #18
na svt

Re: My tuner says you can't get much more

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
I've got no reason to blow smoke around here. I don't make intakes and never have. Nothing to sell on my end.

Besides that, I never entered this discussion to talk about ported intakes or anything other than tuning. If you read my first post (and everyone elses posts in this thread except your own) you'll see it was regarding the topic of the thread which was about tuning. Then you not-so-cleverly made it about intakes and cams to subliminally promote your business. As transparent as cellophane to anyone with something between their ears.

I hope you prove me wrong on that by sticking around and contributing to the site on a regular basis instead of showing up out of the blue to lure people away for your own benefit.
You mentioned ported intakes first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
Your tuner is right, there's not a lot to be gained with tuning until headers, ported intake etc
I no longer port intakes or make short runners and haven't for a couple years.

I only mentioned cams because a short runner intake needs them to show big gains. I never mentioned that I sold cams.

There was no intention to promote any business in my response. Why would I state there is little to gain with ported intakes if I was trying to sell one. I'm all about bang for the buck and given my experience with ported intakes I can honestly say there is little performance to be gained by adding one. A short runner however will add some performance but only if it's combined with cams having more duration. I've seen short runners increase power above 6000rpm but at the track they've resulted in zero decrease in ET or increase in MPH. For ET lower and MPH to be higher the power gain has to be much greater up top or begin much earlier in the powerband; a gain of 15hp up top will do little. A 10hp increase in average power over the rpm range seen in the 1/4 mile will be much more productive than a 20hp peak increase combined with no gain below 6000. I've seen this with both B and C head short runner intakes.

Just trying to be realistic here and save people some hard earned cash.
na svt is offline   Reply With Quote