View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #15
AlloyPony

Re: My tuner says you can't get much more

Well, I have an appointment for next Thursday, March 29th. My tuner charges $450 to dyno tune the car and write a couple of tunes for the SCT programmer to take with you when you leave.

The ONLY thing I've got is an O/R H-pipe and aluminum driveshaft. I removed the "milk jug" from my stock intake tube, removed the "silencer" from my stock air box, and changed the spark plugs. Otherwise, my car is virtually stock.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the $450 to have him run the car and make sure A/F ratios are safe, turn off the O2 sensors to get the dash light off, and maybe squeeze 10 horsepower out of her.

Like I said, the last car I took to him was a 2001 GT that had CAI, mufflers, H-pipe, under drive pullies, and a TB and he made 40 horse and 50 torque over stock on his tune, on 89 octane fuel. He could have probably made more if I took it to him with premium fuel in it.

Hmm... decisions decisions.... it sucks to operate on a tight budget like mine.