View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 10:30 AM   #11
Tomcat427
What a ride it was :)

I have a little more time in the car now. Ok, it lets you know everytime you step on the gas. Love it!! I know that is not for everybody.

rjw158,

I had Kenny Brown subs welded in along with Steeda Sport Springs installed. I have not spun the tires in 2nd or 3rd since. I can now launch at 3500 rpm's shift at 6400 rpm's and not spin in 2nd or 3rd. Could not do this before (Same tires as before). I have not been to a track and it looks like it might be a couple of weeks before I can go. I am planning on BFG drag radials as my next purchase.

I have a little stretch of road I go out and run on. No traffic, no homes and 10 ft high fences along the road. I start from the same pont and have a sign on the side of the road I race to. I was reaching speeds of 100-105mph before the last round of mods. Last night I was reaching speeds of 110-115 with no wheel spin in 2nd or 3rd (Which I had before). So, I really can't wait to get to the track! :HOPPY:

I am concerned about not having it tuned for the exhaust, I am waiting to see if my car will learn from more drive time. If not I will have to get a chip and have it tuned. I am also thinking of Denso plugs and a cooler thermostat.