View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 01:59 AM   #39
LXS

Re: Rack and pinion “build”

So I FINALLY started on the rack and pinion....and got a whole lot LESS done than I thought I would! To keep it short and “sweet,” I had a few minor set backs, and succumbed to “out of sight, out of mind!” (I lost an hour walking to/from the O’Reilly’s” to buy a tool I didn’t need when I already the correct one in the first place). Today just was not my day! Lol But after all was said an done, I managed to remove the old rack!

Unfortunately I work tomorrow, which means I’m gonna have to Uber it to and from work. I get out at 6:30pm and should hopefully be home by 7:15pm or so. I won’t have much time, but my plan is to spray the heck outta the undercarriage and clean it as best I can. If that doesn’t take me long, I’ll move onto the old rack and do my best to measure and document the position of the outter tie rods.

The good news is, I’m scheduled for the night shift on Saturday night, the bad news, it’s a double shift, so I won’t be out until around 3:30pm Sunday afternoon. But, I’ll have all Saturday morning and afternoon to try and get as much done as possible. HOPEFULLY I can finish it all off on Saturday, if not, I want to be as close to finished as possible! So that means, if I’m able to get everything i mentioned done (Friday/today I guess?), all I’ll have to do next is measure and cut the sleeves to MM’s specs, and start installing the new Summit rack! I soo hope it’s all down hill from here on out, cause after today, I almost felt like calling it quits lol

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
t45 swap (BEST decision of my life!!!)
Don't fear the gear!

I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one online...
LXS is offline   Reply With Quote