View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:47 AM   #71
DanB
1 man Army

Re: Head differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr32valve View Post
Well I certainly did not mean to offend you. You certainly seem defensive. Cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure regardless if it is OHV or OHC. No debating that. I do not believe ductile Iron (the material used for our cylinder sleeves) to be soft. True there are better materials but soft it is not but that term is also relative as it is much softer than diamonds. I understand OHC very well. We can talk stoichiometry all day long. No issues here. I have 25 years of engine building experience and one thing I have learned is that if you talk to 100 people you generally get 100 different answers and everyone has a better mouse trap. True I am sure you build very reliable engines as do I. I would never take that away from anyone at least until I have seen their work.....A little humor there. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. We will have to agree to disagree. BTW that was a typo on my build date it should have been 10/04/03 and not 10/07. I have done lots of work on mod motors and haven't had any blow up...........yet. More humor there. The fact is there are tons of theories out there. The fact is I have never heard a piston slap when hot and not when it is cold. It has always been the reverse. I have heard plenty of lifters make some noise when the oil changes viscosity under extreme heat as the lifters bleed off too qickly, both in OHC and OHV. All hydraulic lifters require oil pressure to remain pumped up. I have no idea what your experience is as I am sure it must be extensive as is mine. What does concern me is that I merely approached this post wanting to add some additional ideas and never once said you were wrong, incorrect, or tried to tear you down and you immediately went on the defensive and did your best to point out that I am wrong. Most professionals are willing to listen to other points of view and hear other ideas as this is the only way we all truly grow our knowledge base. I am sorry for offending you and to be honest I am also sorry that you are so unwilling to hear other points of view. And anytime you wish to discuss stoichiometry, fluid dynamics, or any other engine theory I am all ears as I would like to increase my knowledge base.
im not offended what so ever i was just adressing the points that you made. its all good on my end