View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #105
MachOneThis

Re: Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
Are you saying that VooDoo was doo doo?

Oh Yeah - very much so - LOL

If anybody ever wants the slightly technical reason why the Plasmas Booster showed a 14 HP loss - here it is in terms that should explain.

First let me re-state that there was a gain up to about 5700 but went away quick after that until it dropped 14 HP. The Plasma Booster multi sparks the coils. Problem is there is no more power being applied to the coils and by firing them rapidly the output voltage goes down with each firing because the coil does not have time to recover fully. Ironically the manufacturer even supplies a graph off of an O-Scope that shoes that multi spark is taking place, but it also shows that the spark is not as hot as the one without multispark. I have the plugs gapped at factory spec which is also a little tough on the dropping coil output. If you are going to multi spark in a high rpm setup then you better go with a system that increases power to the coils or has capacitive capabilities for each coil. That was about as clear as mud.

I do not doubt that it does what they say on a slightly or no mods vehicle up to a certain rpm. Probably great for gas mileage - maybe I'll put it on our 5.4 3V truck.
MachOneThis is offline   Reply With Quote