View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
jbrad88
Original Owner

Re: Stereo Upgrade Journey Begins

I replaced it years back. in all truthfulness I don't fully recall the actual hiccup. Fairy sure the changer would not go back and forth between discs and had trouble selecting. It was enough to prompt me to make the change.

It was also @ the time of my Divorce and the Mach was thrust into daily driver status. Life was a little topsy-turvy back then... I am the primary with the kids (all 3) , so i decided to take the opportunity to put a DVD player in for those longer drives. Kids were still in car boosters in the back too. Being able to play a DVD made the kids happy...

I have always been something of an audiophile, and as good as this factory system is and was for its day, I have always wanted to do more.

Finally have the opportunity. Figure since I need to do carpet anyway, and I will have the interior basically apart, now is as good a time as any.

Trick will be to not cut anything from the factory and to avoid drilling any holes if possible. I have managed thus far in the cars life to never take a single drill bit to any location on the car. (unlike my poor departed FOX)

Every modification I have done to this car can be put right back to stock. or stock appearing. I Still have my 3.55's and my stock wheels are on a friends 2002 v-6 car. have my factory mid pipe still, air box, etc. Even have the factory head unit which if there is a fix, I can then look at that if needed.

03 Torch Red Mach 1
21 FJG Mach 1

Stainless Steel Systems Adrenaline Series
BBK long tube headers catted x pipe
18x9 18x10- Solid Gloss Black FR5's
Nitto 555 g2 275/35r18's 285/35r18
MGW Shifter With Mach1 Shift Knob
4.10's & 31 spline Mosers and 31 Spline Posi
Steeda Sport Springs Tokiko Illuminas
J@M weight Jacker LCA's
J@M Rear UCA's
J@M Braided steel brake lines