View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #97
Dawg
Marking My Territory!!!

Re: Hanging/Slow dropping RPM FIX inside.

I had that problem prior to the restrictor plate being installed. It was fixed with a pcm reflash by the dealership that brought my pcm up to version 30.11 from 26.xx. That corrected the high idle but created a slight (1/2 sec) bog on the 1 to 2 shift. It won't bog during "normal" driving or while at WOT but it will do it when I get on it on the streets.

The restrictor plate helped with the rpm's dropping quicker than normally. I'm hesitant to take my car back in for a new reflash in the event the latest update detunes the car like what Acura did with the CL-S to fix the tranny problem. I haven't heard of Ford doing this but I thought its best not to mess with it now and I'll get it fixed with a custom tune from HPP.

Did you let your car "re-learn" or adjust the settings after the plate? After the plate, I installed a K&N CAI and let the computer re-learn the settings and I haven't had that problem. If you didn't it might be worth a shot. If your not sure how to do it, disconnect your negative battery connection for 30 minutes and then reconnect. It takes about 12 starts / 1 week before the system is finished adapting to your driving style.

Good luck.
--------------------------------------
Tuned Dyno: HP & TQ

2005 Mach 1 / Bullitt Shootout Super Street Bracket Winner

2005 DFW-SVTOA Day at the Drags Bracket Winner

Performance Mod's by HPP Racing

R.I.P. 99whitecobra99
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote