View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
Slow :(

Re: Front Brakes How to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMach1 View Post
Good "how-to" did you bleed the brake fluid by yourself? what did you use?
If just doing a simple brake job such as this one, no need to change the brake fluid.

However, I do recommend changing/flushing it once every 2 years if you can. (I do not have a write up for it right now, perhaps when I do my flush in a few weeks I'll make some instructions as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03blachmach
i know this is probably a stupid question but i noticed where you said screw the cap back on the brake fluid res. when finished, are you sposed to take the cap off before you start;for air bubbles or something?
Yes indeed, when starting the job, unscrew the reservoir cap and lay it on the side..make sure no dust/debris falls inside. Reason for this is when you push the pistons on the calipers back in, there can be resistance by the brake fluid inside the lines if you do not open up a vacuum on the other end...and it's a good idea to open up the reservoir in order not to damage any caliper rubber seals. (if you have a straw and cap off one end with your hand, you cannot get your coke out the other side without taking your finger off the other end of the straw)

Cheers!
006 is offline   Reply With Quote