View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #6
Slow :(

Re: Front Brakes How to:

The ones that come stock are the ones you see that I took off. They have a slightly higher metallic content in them than the Motorcraft ones. The higher metallic content means that the metal contained in the pad composition is higher which results in a noisy "squeal" when coming to a stop. This is normally due to the metal particles in the pad being of a thicker grade and are sometimes resistant to wearing away as they should. This means that it takes weeks to grind/wear down and causes grooves in your rotor and that dreadful noise at the same time.

My GF absolutely HATED that noise on her Terminator. She was used to the quietness from her X5 that she sometimes drives and she nagged me to get that done..which as you can see from the pics, I took care of yesterday. The best replacement pad are the motorcraft which have a slight less metallic composition and is easier on the rotors as well...BUT also offers the exact same stoppage that the stock PBR (australian made) ones that came with the car. Ford charges $207.15 for those retail. (discounted is normally about $150-160). The motorcraft are $95-105 on average.

Last edited by 006; 10-28-2009 at 08:02 PM.
006 is offline   Reply With Quote