View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
Slow :(

Re: Front Brakes How to:

11: Place the caliper push in tool as shown and screw on the tool to push the pistons back in. Some people can sometimes use their palms to push the pistons back in. This tool is available at most Auto parts stores for cheap. Anywhere from $5-10 bucks There are various different ones that are much more efficient and might cost a little more. (NOTE: Front calipers are PUSH IN only!! Rear Calipers are SCREW IN only, thus there are different tools for the F and R).

12: This just shows what I use to hang my calipers. Old Clothes hangar bent to do the job. Cheap and efficient.

13: Assemble the anti-rattle clips on the new pads just as they were on the old ones. I normally transfer the little rubber absorbers from the old pads onto the new clips as well. Every effort to avoid the micro vibration caused by the pads vibrating in their “slot” is best. You know that trailer truck noise that you hear from some car’s brakes sometimes? Those are caused by this micro-vibration.

14: Place the new pads onto the caliper.

Last edited by 006; 10-28-2009 at 08:03 PM.
006 is offline   Reply With Quote