View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #62
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Re: Important Information About Mobile 1 Synthetic Motor Oil For Mach 1's

Now the real reason 0w20 was even made in the 1st place.

Made for most all HYBRED cars Toyota ,Honda the 2 largest manufactures to increase mileage. The oil is more like sewing machine oil to lessen the internal drag for an engine only used Part Time . The oil was /is also more expensive to make since it is refined to a higher standard. Several oil companies refused to even produce it ,so the ones that did charged what ever the market would stand. Racers picked up this low weight oil to lower track times,not for the e longer service . They could do this since engine piston to wall clearance (002-004)was reduced by better metal and engine seals because of emissions.
However as more people drove their HYBRED cars on the hi -way demand increased.The old change the oil sooner plan came up again ,3,000 instead of 5,000 or 7,000. This increased the cost of driving more and people complained of the high cost of the oil to the dealers. I was required to have a special class on them while working for Toyota and later again for Ford as a Tech. This was mostly for the high voltages that the cars use while in the electric mode,250-300volts .The old saying that its not the product ..its how you use it ..comes into play here. Ford has changed its mind so much over the years that if i serviced any Ford i had to look up the oil it used 1st..
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote