Thread: Project Mach 1
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
FL04

Project Mach 1

This vehicle was heading to the junkyard but I wanted to save it. It didn't have a key and no history of the vehicle is available. I was able to get a locksmith to come and make a key/program it to the car. Amazingly it fired up on the first try despite sitting fora long time.

I did notice that the car will not go into reverse, it just wants to grind when i try to shift in reverse. Forward gears work, but the clutch has to go all the way to the floor though. I did not run it long due to old fluids that I need to swap out. The engine did run a bit rough.

As you can see in the pictures, the shaker hood and shaker have been swapped out at some point. Also the gauge cluster had been swapped out to a regular mustang. I was skeptical at first, but it is an r code Vin and the motor appears to be original. It has the Mach 1 interior (needs work).

The car sat for a while and I am guessing due to the the transmission /clutch issue.

Any advice before I take on this project? I was planning on putting new oil and plugs in this weekend to see it makes it happier. I also will do the transmission fluid and rear end fluids (will need further research into what to use)

Looking at the engine compartment, I can see a cold air intake of some type. I am more of a stock guy so I will need to try source out some original equipment if the project seems worthwhile. I just need to look at stock engine compartments and see what is different to help determine what I need.

Looking forward to your input!

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6416_small.jpg   IMG_6430_small.jpg   IMG_6421_small.jpg  
FL04 is offline   Reply With Quote