View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 04:34 AM   #27
punch
bouncing soul

Re: Predator revisions and timing PART DEUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksterman
All right this will be one of my last posts to this thread, since I finally got a good custom tune (3rd iteration). I have posted the RPM and spark advance vs time, second gear WOT, for two runs. The custom tune is retarded in the Predator 26 % 2-4K and 35 % 4-7K. This gives an almost flat 24 degree advance through redline. It allows me to have a safe tune for the summer, and still gives me lots of room to advance it if it makes more power (dyno). I am going to put in a ported intake, so it may be a while before I go back to determine the optimal timing advance for my car, but I know with 24 degrees advance I am at 305 RWHP, so it will be a good starting point.

Overall the custom tune was worth it to me, the knock retard is eliminated, and I can now adjust both fuel and timing substantially with the Predator. If you can find a local Diablosport dealer I would suggest getting a custom tune while on the dyno, as opposed to getting them through email from Diablosport, and then having to verify what has changed/improved, it has been a headache. Any questions/comments let me know, enjoy

Can you only eliminate the knock retard through a custom tune?