View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #60
Bullitt5094
Mach/Bullitt Hybred

Re: ABS Pump Delete Brake Manifold

I did this mod with a LOT of research using fittings because I couldn't find anyone making this manifold. I HIGHLY recommend buying the manifold as opposed to what I had to do. As usual, as soon as I mod something, something better comes along...

There is no way to turn off the ABS light according to Jerry W. other than physically disconnecting it in the dash. Between it and my PATS light, I now have a pretty active display going.

Someone posted they had 31 spline axles and that eliminated the ABS exciters. My 31 Mosers have the exciters in place and the ABS worked until I removed the pump. I actually transplanted the exciters from my 28 spline stock axles. You have to have a press and be very careful, but it can be done.

Here's a link to my project which may also help some with the manifold install http://www.bullseyetechnology.net/ABSentABS.htm I know if I factor in the time spent installing the fittings, changing the one line and so on, it cost more to do it with individual fittings and the block looks much cleaner. I may even go back and install the block at some point to clean my install up, but with the new 4V motor going into the Bullitt and the documentation for the related magazine article happening right now, I'm a little strapped on non-essential spending
'06 F250 PSD
Bullitt5094 is offline   Reply With Quote