View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 10:33 PM   #445
mn04mach

Quote:
Originally posted by MachMonster

Also, I have noticed on my back rear fender- only in certain light, there appears to be sand paper marks under the clear coat. Is this possible from the factory? I would not think, in their paint process, there would be an ocassion for this type of manual touch up.
Thanks!!
I have the same thing on the passenger side front quarter upper surface about 2 inches off the head light. It wasn't noticeable until I hand waxed the car, then BOY did the imperfections show. NXT is a wonderful thing, but it can make you wish you hadn't as well. The scratches almost look like hand sanding marks, as they tend to be in a criss-cross overlapping pattern. The area effected is about 3" long by 2" wide. I also noticed a considerable amount of DUST or SAND on the passenger side front fender on the side. It seems to be under the clear coat. Is beginning to look like this mach had repair work done before sale.

Am in the process now of contacting the dealer and finding out what can be done. They had repaired a nasty scratch (at my request) before I took delivery, and now after about 5 washes and 2 wax jobs, the scratch is just as visible as it was before.

Am none to happy right now.
SCT - Chip/Tuned
FMS - Aluminum Drive Shaft
FMS 4.10s
MRT Catted H Pipe (that leaks) - GONE
MAC Catted Pro-Chamber
MAC Catback
mn04mach is offline   Reply With Quote