View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
Mike03Mach

Re: What's a 160k mile Mach worth

Just like any used car, you'll take a chance. I bought a 2000 GT with 112k in 2013 for 3k and sold it June 2015 for $2,900. I bought a new CD player and replaced the IAC. Other then that it ran perfect. I bought my Mach with 115k for $7.5k in March 2017 and got rod knock in Aug/Sept 2017. My wife makes fun of me and she says that she liked the GT better. But that only because it was cheaper and didn't have any problems. like I said, it's a gamble when you buy a used car....especially with that many miles. Ask a lot of questions like, is the motor original, what has been done to the car. Inspect everything, what condition is the exterior and interior, what does the engine bay look like and check under the car. Even if everything looks good, something can still go out.

Since I've bought mine, I have seen a few other Mach's with lower miles for a few grand more then what I paid. I kinda wish I would have waited longer and looked around better. However, I love my car and plan on keeping it for a long time.
Mike03Mach is offline   Reply With Quote