View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #15
MachOneThis

Re: Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!!

Thanks everyone -

Checked the air fuel and it was 13.5 under wide open throttle up to about 5000 - did not take it higher. Would like to get it down in th 12.6 rqange. I might run it like it sits - 13.5 a little lean but should not hurt anything. My chip has a lower setting that is 1% richer - if I run without getting the chip reflashed - I'll probably use that lower setting. The lower setting only adds 2 degrees of timing - would like more, but will have to wait for reflash.

A 4th gear punch on the expressway from about 3000 is how I took the a/f readings. I have an onboard wideband A/F digital setup on the car. Seat of the pants felt a lot stronger than stock cams in 4th gear. 4th gear was where we wanted to get most of our improvement since we are running a 4.56 gear - we are in 4th before the 1/8 mile mark.

Need to have axle tubes welded this week and see about getting the chip richened up. Chip company is out of town - that is why I may run it as is - I was not going to run if a/f was 14.00 or higher. I'll try to get to the track this week.
MachOneThis is offline   Reply With Quote