View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #1
01TruBluGT

Help with tunning and fuel pump

I am trying to figure out what is the best route to take and am trying to figure out if my tune will be affected or if I will need to re-tune. My fuel pump took a dump, I was thinking of just replacing with the same stock pump but then I figured if I have it opened up I might as well go to a Focus SVT pump. All the looking around and tracking down part numbers I came to the conclusion that it is hard to really know if what I am buying is really an SVT Focus pump or something re-manufactured using the core of an SVT Focus pump. My car is N/A with minimal mods and tuned getting 330hp/334tq and I don't see any major mods on the horizon. I am thinking about getting the Aeromotive 325 Stealth to put into the car to get her up and running again. What I am trying to figure out here is if I upgrade to the 325 pump will I need a re-tune to keep from running rich? Is anything in the tune related to the size of the pump or will the pump just do what it has to do to supply my fuel rail with the pressure that it needs based on the adjustments made during the tune?

If I am going to need a re-tune I am just going to go back to the stock pump as there is noone in my area that does tunes anymore that I know of. I have been searching and some people say I will need a re-tune with a bigger pump, some say I won't. I just need a definitive answer so I can get the pump and get my Mach up and running again.
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote