View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 11:19 PM   #7
17368_Mach1

NJ Racetrack Problems

This is a SAD issue and requires all racers and/or fans that visit these facilities to voice their response on this as I have. If we the racers or fans do not do our part to put a stop to it, the only place left to race? will be on the street, and that is NOT where we should be. One point that I tried making with them is that the township where I am Chairman of that Planning Commission, requires all developers to add a clause to all plans basically stating that "the township is predominantly a rural farming community and residents may on occasions smell odors from farm animals . . . etc." This gives the township teeth to stop any complaints from residents in a new development when a farmer spreads a load of manure in a field or someone hears a rooster crowing at 4:30 in the morning. The same issues goes for race tracks; if ya wanna live next door to a race track, you must expect noise coming from it when they are in operation. What this boils down to is a small handful of individuals trying to take peoples rights, just for the almighty dollar and a developer. If you enjoy the sport as I do, give these tracks your support. These issues need to be addressed and stopped now or the ripple effect will hurt all of us in the long run elsewhere too. Thanks in advance...

'03 Mach 1 - DSG w/IUP
'96 Impala SS
17368_Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote