View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 10:57 PM   #68
rickthestick
Registry Liberator

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMachU
Rick, I dunno what to say dude. You have to give me a specific situation for me to respond. This sounds too rhetorical. Sorry....no red lego please!
No red, I am just wondering why you get pulled over for something that, in my area anyway, is not against the codes. It was something that they did not like, but there was nothing wrong. In fact before I put them on (tinted license plate covers), I went to the UHP, as they govern the motor vehicle inspections in the state. They said they were fine, and met the law. The officer I talked to (this was at the headquartes for the state inspectionoffice) had them on his personal car. Anyway, the local cops pull me over, and issue a citation, to the wrong statute (sorry, my dad graduated from the UofU law school), as i had the UHP give me all of the codes that it may appear. I take it to court, even though it was a "fix it" ticket, and the judge goea as far as looking at my car with them on. It was great, you could see my plate better than the cruiser sitting next to the mach. We went back in, and the judge ruled in my favor, and instructed the officer that this was not a violation. Two days later, he pulls me over, and writes the same ticket again. And out on the freeway, a local UHP pulls me over and gives me a ticket as well. Two in like ten minutes. Anyway, there is no code on the books that ban these here, and specifically in the state inspection ,anual, it says..not verbatum, but if license plate have tinted covers, plates must be visable from 100 ft in daylight. So, I go back to court, and the judge is, well not happy anyway, dismisses the tickets, and behind the door, said my mach was cool, and it looked really good with those on. Long story short haha, my Escape that is DSG, has smoke tinted covers, and has since I bought it new, has never been pulled over, and I can say, they are pretty dark. Maybe they just like the mach, but I would show them the car without being pulled over.