View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
StangFever2846
MMM, SHAKER!!!

Re: Someone talk me out of doing something irresponsible.

In all honesty I'd probably look for something with less mileage. With almost 100K on the clock, with an ecoboost you have to start thinking about possible turbo issues/replacements depending on how much towing that rig has seen and whether or not it was tuned by the previous owner.

Whatever you do, do not keep dailying your Mach 1! For 2 yrs, I had my old 93 Ranger to drive back and forth to work and my Mach 1 for everything else. I had too many miles on my Ranger (currently 277K) to trust it on long drives. I put almost 1K miles on my Mach 1 every time I went home to South Texas (worked 14 days on 7 days off in the oilfield in West Texas). I went from 65K to 95K miles on my Mach 1 during those 2 yrs before I finally bought my 2014 Regular Cab 5.0 F-150. Looking back now, I should've bought it sooner.

If my Mach 1 wasn't in storage right now, I'd take a picture of the rock chips that are peppered all over the leading edge of my hood and front bumper. Believe me, that alone would make you stop dailying your Mach 1.

If you can swing the payments, I say go and get yourself a truck. But I would really shop around and maybe look at something with less miles depending on what your budget is of course. Trust me they're out there. I changed jobs and don't have to make those ridiculously long trips home anymore so my 3 year old F150 only has 14K miles and my Mach 1 still has 95K miles and is now a garage queen. A little late, but better late than never.

Edit: I forgot to give you kudos for paying off your student loans. That was a wise move!
#108 of 9652

Dyno tuned, C&L 85mm CAI, MRT Catted H, Mac SS Catback, JLT Oil Separator, MGW Short Throw/Orange handle, Rich1's Shaker Air Diverter, Fiore Clutch Quad/FWA, AFS Mach 1 MAC Black Replicas 17X9/10.5, Nitto NT555 G2's in 275/315, Steeda (Sport Springs, Bumpsteer Kit and X2's), Tokico Blues, 2003 Cobra Clutch, Explicit Auto's Aluminum Finish Retro Rings, IUP upgrades, Craig's No Drill LP Bracket, MGW Satin Finish Interior Bling, Web Electric Sequentials

Last edited by StangFever2846; 07-21-2017 at 07:22 AM.
StangFever2846 is offline   Reply With Quote