View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #25
Slow :(

Re: Front Brakes How to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBlurr32V View Post
Yo Ken,

How can I tell if the pads are seperated by inboard/outboard or left/right??

I get a slight chatter only when I go in reverse and step on the brakes. No problems going straight. I was told that I might have the pads on backwards, but by looking at the pads they dont have any mark saying anyting besides the lining #.

I got Stop-tech pads and Powerslots in the front.
I recommend it this way

O/I [motor] I/O

The pads with a low pad sensor/scrape clip riveted into the pad goes on I
The pads without it, go O

This way, if the inside pad wears out prematurely or is slightly lower than the outside pad, then you will be able to tell when you hear the sensor/scrape clip scraping the rotor. This is an indication that the pads need to be replaced.

Note: The outside pad can be visually inspected to see how low it is. The hidden pad on the inside cannot, this is why it's better to place the pad with the scrape clip on the inside.

*(you can have the rotors resurfaced at the same time as well if they have enough left).

The pads cannot be backwards, they only fit one way.

The noise you mention sounds like you might be missing the anti-rattle clip/s or they have shifted out of their spot.
(See the $5.99 solution from Autozone that I posted earlier)

Visuals:

See the 2nd pad from the top, that is the scrape clip that is riveted on the left.

See these two pads? They will go on the inside. The top one will to to the right (passenger) side of the car on the inside.
The lower one will go to the driver's side on the inside.

This new pad in the foreground will go on the outside. See, no scrape clip.

Last edited by 006; 10-24-2010 at 09:02 PM.
006 is offline   Reply With Quote