View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #63
Machy uno

Re: Yet another mach 1 is gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure03 View Post
I still have not heard from anyone from Geico and the accident was on the 10. So tomorrow will be the sixth day. Is there any sense in getting legal advice if i it free? I called and talked to someone at Geico today and they pretty much lost and confused me. One thing he did say is that when they take the car they destroy it, I thought that is were junk and salvage lots got there vehicles from? Also, I asked about all my money spent on mods and I guess anytime you put money in your car you have to call the ins company and report it so they can charge you more money and cover it I guess. I don't know. This is my first accident and I feel like am going to get robbed. I hope not.
They will try to tell you those things hoping you just accept it. Here in TX I know for a fact thats not the law, although they tried telling me it is. Check your local laws. From what I understand you don't have to report mods until you hit a certain $ amount, usually upwords of 5k. After that amount they won't cover any unless you reptort it(so they can charge you for it) BUT there is a $ amount they cover without increasing your monthly premium..... I had a similar experience with my aftermarket stereo when it was stolen. It wasn't "stock" so their response was "we don't have to cover it" NOT TRUE. I would talk to your free legal source you mentioned. DON'T JUST ACCPET WHAT THEY OFFER, you'll have to fight to get what's owed to you when dealing with insurenece companies, but it is possible.

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote