View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #126
tmhutch
4v>3v>2v

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidordinn View Post
I'm having Steeda install their under-drive pulley because the original Ford harmonic dampener failed and is rubbing against the timing chain cover. This is on a 2003 Mach1 5-speeder with 39K miles, never raced. Ford quality for you.

Anyway, Steeda claims that they have not heard or read from any Steeda customer that OEM an oil pump on the Mach1 was affected by the replacement of the harmonic dampener with their own under-drive pulley. It's difficult to decide who is right, but at this point since the Mach is out of warranty, I might as well try this one. And if the oil pump fails, it'll be another crucial moment to ponder about Ford's quality and decide if I'll ever buy again their "quality" products.

Let me see if I have this straight. Your Ford harmonic balancer failed, resulting in a scratched up timing cover so the solution is to install a part known to inadequately control crankshaft harmonics. And when it causes your oil pump gears to fail and subsequently destroy your engine, it's going to be Fords fault?

Ford screws up enough on their own. They don’t need to accept the responsibility for other manufacturers garbage too.
tmhutch is offline   Reply With Quote