View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 02:55 AM   #86
STG

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMachU
In Calif we do not have a Right to Carry law. However, you do have the right to carry a firearm in your place of business and your home, as long as you are not a convicted felon or have an active restraining order against you. You may use that if you believe in your heart (and any reasonable person in the same situation would as well) that your life or the life of another is in serious jeapordy, you may use deadly force against the other person to get them to stop their actions. Never shoot to kill, just make the other person stop what they are doing. Sometimes a well placed shot is needed.
Hey Dave,

I'm going to have to look up California case law on this. Women do this crap all the time. They shoot to wound. Given the fact that you are only supposed to shoot if you believe you are in fear of your life or great personal injury, you can open yourself up to a nasty lawsuit.

"Your Honnor, if the defendant truly believed his life was in danger, he would have killed my client. Since he shot my client in the arm, he obviously didn't believe my client was willing to kill him."

Some poor California crime victim admitted to shooting to wound, not kill and the jury was pursuaded that he wasn't truly in fear of his life of great personal injury. The crimal was awarded significant damages. I think the poor guy was also convicted of illegally shooting his assailant.
STG is offline   Reply With Quote