View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #22
glittle75

Re: Engine build for all the boost!

After that, I was able to install the cams and begin the degree process. These cams call for a 110 Intake Centerline, and 118 Exhaust Centerline. I was able to get them both within half~ish a degree. The right bank (passenger) side I was able to get it to 109.75 ICL and 117.75 ECL without modifying anything. They started at 112 and 120 just installed rough, there was enough play in the cam gears to get the 2 degrees needed. The Left bank was a different story. I started with 118 ICL and 126 ECL. Using the slop in the gears, I was able to get it down to 114/122. So I took the primary gear out, filed the keyway on the gear a little at a time. I was able to get it to 110.25 and 118.25 centerlines. Took two times of filing to get it right.

Degreeing is not as difficult as it seems. This was my first time doing a 4v. Only done 2v's before. I would say it took 5 hours all together. 1 hour per cam because I would triple check every cam after it read correctly for the first time. And an hour of setup, cleaning, and filing.

After that was done, I installed the tensioners, lash adjusters and followers. Rotated the engine a ton by hand and lubed the chains and guides for a final time. Started to put all the covers on. Pan, timing and valve covers.

Decided to grab some stainless hardware for the valve cover and coil covers.

Sent the wife out for a gas can and some E85 to start the car with, this is what she comes back with...lol

Tomorrow I will have some time to keep going. Will post more when I get the chance!
glittle75 is offline   Reply With Quote