View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 02:44 AM   #28
Twitch

Re: Need Some Rearend help/info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH302 View Post
yea that is crazy.
Honestly if you can swing it get the built one.
on my 04 I did the Cobra diff and 31 spline, but kept stock gears.

my 03 came with the rear built with 4.10s, it is a whole other animal on the street.

ASh
Yea mine came with stock diff. But took the car into local ford for a warranty repair. They said rear diff bearings were bad which I highly doubted but figured hey, new bearings installed for free.
Get car back and 2 months later bad sounds in rear, ford said whoever I had do work on the rear installed it wrong and it somehow trashed the whole rear....lol.

I told them they did the work...lol.
But get this. I get the car back after the new rear was done,kept driving around and getting passed by everyone. My speedo was 10 mph off.
Told Ford they put wrong gears in, fix my speedo.

They wouldnt without proof but wanted to charge me $100 to open rearend and look...NOPE. Showed them proof that they somehow installed 4.10's..

So free 4.10's and then they paid for the FRPP Speed-Cal box...lol

Same Ford dealer that ruined 2 engines in my dads truck over a 2 week period, no joke. 1st motor they left a tool somewhere between the tranny and motor and it knocked a hole in the block.Week later a new motor and they cracked the block near the head. So motor 3 was the charm...lol
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote