View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 11:16 PM   #26
Twitch

Re: Need Some Rearend help/info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH302 View Post
I am blown away with this information about the stock mach diff. Just blows me away and why Ford would not have replacement parts or anyone just blows me away.
My rear end isn't stock so i'm not worried about it, but feel bad for you and others out there with the stock diff.

ASh
My cousin says that this is starting to become more of the norm for car manufacturers. They say its cheaper or about the same price to replace the entire diff unit than to rebuild after you count all parts and labor so in the end its just easier.

I can kind of see the point but for some that just need a specific part to get things back in order, that ends up not being true for DIY'er.

Guess If im going to replace the diff then I'll just upgrade the rear to a 31 spline mainly cause aftermarket parts are more plentiful for the 31 spline 8.8 after all my research.

I dont get why Ford went kinda weird on the Mach. Couple yrs back I couldnt get an alternator anywhere. Ford dealer,Napa, and another place ordered me a new one and it would not fit, none had the shaker mount holes on them. All ford did was get a Cobra one, didnt work,holes didnt line up. Just had original rebuilt nearby been good since.
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote