View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 01:58 PM   #142
sutyak
it's soo-tack

Re: sutyak's turbo 2004 Mach 1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKat13 View Post
I too am interested to compare the actual on car results as all setups will preform a bit different. My earlier research led me down the precision path and away from BW, but I was not looking at compressor maps rather dyno results when swapping from BW to Precision so it was just the opposite from you. However, with most things people cannot just change a single component so other variables could have played into those as well; the core motor and piping was the same but.. Again, all slightly different but the precision seemed to be more consistent with my goals. I would love to learn more on this one and I hope you are right.
I tried 5 different turbos/configurations on my Focus before finding exactly what I wanted. Hopefully this won't take that many.
After more reading I'm going with the S369SX-E, which is a 95 lb/hr turbo 69mm compressor and 73mm turbine. Maybe a bit bigger than what I need, but still a good bit smaller than the Precision.
In theory the S366 should reach the whp goal I have, but I'm afraid it will peak too early.
2003 DSG Mach 1. 12.65 @ 106 (sold)
sutyak is offline   Reply With Quote