Thread: Eaton Swap.....
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #786
MachRyan

Re: Eaton Swap.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
The roots blower (Eaton, whipple, etc.) sounds like heaven. I could listen to that whine all day long. However, the power hits really hard and if you push too much boost it can be harsh on the bottom end.

I'll say this...my father's last car was a Terminator with a VMP swap and supporting mods that was putting down 700+ on our local dyno, and I saw a Procharged Mach 1 pass it like it was tied to a tree one night. I wouldn't have believe it if I hadn't seen it myself.

With the Mach factory compression ratio and a well tuned centrifugal kit, you can pretty much wipe the floor with Hellkittens, ZL1s, whatever you want.
When deciding what setup I wanted I had a hard time deciding between a centrifugal and a roots/twin-screw. What ultimately made me choose an Eaton was that my car is a weekend/nice day car that will more than likely never see a race track. The power of the Eaton being more linear is a plus for how I'll be driving it.

So, Eaton it is. Now, I'm just hoping I can get to that conservative ~450rwhp mark.
MachRyan is offline   Reply With Quote