View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #181
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

So far the most challenging part is linking all of the calculations together.

I think they way it works is you request a certain torque output based on rpm and throttle position. That is then modified based what load is required to produce the desired torque. It then checks to see if it is capable of producing that load at that rpm. It then adjusts the torque requested based on the requested turbo inlet pressure you want the car to run at different calculated air flow volumes.

Once you've gotten all those things linked, then there are mechanical limits on the transmission, engine, and turbo that are based on load, torque, and turbo inlet pressure.

Once you have that whole equation flowing smoothly, you finally get the car to run how you want. I think it will get extremely complex once you start switching turbos because the flow data of the turbo is integrated with the torque calculation. It has tables for surge characteristics, wastegate duty cycle, max turbo airflow based on volume and pressure, and pressure ratios between the inlet and outlet.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote