View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #17
01yellerCobra

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
Anyone have tips they had to learn the hard way, or wasn't available in the tuning guides?
I don't know if I'd say I learned it the hard way, but the biggest thing is the MAF transfer has to be dialed it. I've heard so many people have issues and pull their hair out, then someone asks if the MAF is dialed in and the person says no. Everything is based off that table.

A personal preference is I don't mess with intake manifold volume or displacement to change load scaling. I was taught to fill these out correctly and load will be whatever it will be. The spark tables can be scaled to match whatever load is. With my first combo my load was maxed around 1.3-1.4. So I set my max load to 1.4. This also gives more resolution down low to dial in timing. I spent a lot of time tweaking the low end of my timing table. That's why my last set up had decent throttle response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
Is this just datalogging thru the handheld or with the Livelink software as well?? Why am I here?? I just read question I asked and doesn't even make sense to me Am I the only one with a Autometer SportComp Wideband? Wiring I guess would be different? Great thread, confusing for us analog types personalities still with flip phones, but interesting
I use Livelink to datalog. I've never used just the handheld. I still use an older version of Livelink as well. If the wideband has a 0-5vdc output you can datalog with it. You just need the serial cable or firewire cable to plug into your hand held. I have a serial cable because I have an Xcal2. I set up my buddies with a firewire because he has an X3. Just knowing how to datalog is nice for troubleshooting. I found a bad O2 sensor that way. It wasn't so bad that it was throwing a code, but I was able to see it wasn't switching correctly in the datalog.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote