View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 02:33 AM   #32
TKat13
Mach-T

Re: 03 Mach 1 open heart surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty67 View Post
Last weekend I also pulled the sway bar out and then unbolted the AC pump from the block. I tied some rope to the sway bar mount on the passenger side of the car and hung the AC pump off to the side.

I'm hoping I can pull off the same thing on the drivers side with the power steering pump but I think the only way to get to one of the mounting bolts is to remove one of the lines

This weekend I pulled the rest of the suspension off of the front of the car. My MM CC kit bump stops were absolutely thrashed and completely deteriorated. I put in an order for a new pair yesterday, I had no idea they had taken such a beating over the last few years. They were still in great shape the last time I'd seen them.

I'm probably going to take this opportunity to install the Global West front control arm bushings I'd bought a while back. I'm particularly unhappy with the Energy suspension kit that I got in there a while back. It has never fit quite right even though I replaced the metal bushing shells in the arms. I might post a thread on that if you guys are interested in it but I'm not going to touch that project until I've got the donor motor in the K and the K back in the car.
You are so close to going tube K-member and coil overs. frees up a ton of space FWIW... not trying to add to your budget.. .lol
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote