View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 11:02 PM   #97
Comp Orange 04

The verdict is in !!

Well after the smoke has cleared looks like the port job was a wash. Initial pull was 287.6 RWHP and 303.4 RWTQ. That is close to my final dyno of 285 RWHP and 306 RWTQ after my exhaust mods. These were done on different dynojets so there will be a slight variance in the numbers.

I think I will see the benefits of the port job when/if I get some long tube headers. But in this thread:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ad.php?t=29396

I have posted the dyno sheet. VERY good gains after the tune in area under the curve. SCT is selling a quality product. Plus having the man who calibrated the Mach 1's computer do your tune is also a benefit! So heres to you Mach 1 Cal Man

I learned a lot. We had a great supporting cast of pictures and insights from fellow Machers and Cobra owners during the whole project and dang if I didn't learn a lot about my engine.

So I am sure people will ask "Was it worth it?" And I will say "You bet it was" I may not see it now but I know it will show itself as I slowly continue to evolve the car. Who knows... maybe I will shop for some headers for next winters project.... pics to follow

Thanks for all the support, and those of you in the Illinois/Missouri area, think about Mach 1 Cal man for all your tuning needs and R&T Unlimited for their excellent support.
294.2 RWHP 314.0 RWTQ 1/25/05 SAE.
12.61@108MPH 04/16/06
Magnaflow Magnapaks,MRT Catted H pipe SCT Xcalibrator tune,Ported/Polished lower intake with PHP spacer,S&B 8" Powerstack filter on Lowes CAI, MGW Shifter, Strange 31 spline axles, FRPP 31 spline diff with carbon fiber clutches, FRPP 4.10 gears,17x9 and 17x10.5 Black FR500 rims, BFG drag radials
Comp Orange 04 is offline   Reply With Quote