View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
BONESTOCK

Chewed up the spider gears!

Hey all,

New tires...did my burnout....lights dropped....clutch out....POP! haha. Thankfully is was able to drive it onto my trailer and lift at home. But when activating the spider gears around a turn the rear end was angry!

Anyways...opened it up today and confirmed the chewed up little guys.

So...I guess I could just replace the spider gears....but it's been in there since '05. Has 19k miles and countless launches.

But...It's got 4:30's in it now. I'm wanting to go with a longer gear. I run on 28" tall tires. Currently trap at about 126mph. Making 465rwhp/409rwtq. I'm pretty much right at redline. Eventually I'll be turning this thing up.

What gear you think would work well for 28" tall tires, TKO600, and eventually 700rwhp. I'm thinking trapping over 150mph.

3:90's ....3:73's? 3:55's?

I think I'm gonna go with this kit as well...
https://lmr.com/item/STR-P3509F99SC/...ine-9904-cobra

I just wanna confirm....Cobra rear brakes, right? Not the GT ones. Seems there's a difference in the back. Eventually going to swap to drag brakes as well...would that make a difference in my choice? Better to go with GT mounts / vs Cobra mounts. I'm thinking that's the difference right? The caliper mount?

What you all think? It currently has 31 Moser axles, FRPP Trak-lok, 4:30 FRPP gears.