View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 02:39 PM   #8
TKat13
Mach-T

Re: Have a question about my door speakers and FAD/Balanace

Sorry, been away from the computer;

Wow, that is a very Bad! I cannot see how any of your other wiring would create a mess like that so we can focus on your Amp install.

To melt the fuse holder is caused by heat; the source of heat in this case would be a higher than expected current draw such as a bad component in line or a direct short in your power cable.

1. I would pay extremely close attention to your wire and make sure you do not have a cut somewhere that is causing a short.
2. Test the subwoofer, make sure the voice coil is still smooth, push it in and out gently and evenly. If it feels like there is 'sand' in there, it would be bad. A bad subwoofer will increase the current draw, for example, the amp will be under a higher load,
2b. Check the speaker wires going to your sub, look for a cut wire, aka current draw/short.
3. Smell your amp, does it smell burnt?
4. Check the ground to your amp.
5. You could put a 12volt auto bulb/test light inline on the positive cable, meaning jumper in place of the fuse with everything off. The light should be off or very dim, if bright, then you have a current draw that you should not have, aka short. That could be the power cable or internally inside the amp.

That is pretty. much it.

BTW, your fader should work properly if you wired up the head unit correctly, fade front to back will control the 6x8s as well.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote