Thread: 2021 Mach1!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 11:57 AM   #20
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Re: 2021 Mach1!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post
Both a naturally aspirated 5.2L V8 with a manual and DCT option, or a hybrid 5.0L V8 with manual and 10-speed automatic, would provide the right amount of engine response for the old stoplight-to-stoplight acceleration feel, just like the '03/'04 Mach 1s did. It would depend on the pricing, of course. The GT500 is up there in the price, so I don't think it would steal anything from those sales. People who buy that car want the top dog crazy power car.

The GT350 is a different animal with its engine and price point.

Regarding the Bullitt (I have a 2019, as well as a 2001 and 2009), it actually was quite smart because it's a hoot to drive, sounds great, and it hits the nostalgia buttons for many. It followed the recipe of the other 2 generations - a bit of a step up from the GT in performance with a cool color (you can get black though). In my mind, that car is priced right in the slot that a new Mach 1 would fit.

As much as I love the shaker, if it doesn't have one and that powertrain produces some grunt like our '03/'04 Mach 1s do relative to the GT and Bullitt back in the day, I would go for it.
Given that the 69 through 78 and the 03-04’s had an auto tranny option, it would be really cool if the DCT was an option. Like I said before, I don’t think Ford will do that, but it would be awesome if they did.

You know, even if they went with the coyote, they could still come up with a suitable performance bump to meet the Mach 1 needs. How cool would it be if they used a specific intake and set of heads with cams that have a notable chop as a homage to the 69-70? I’m not sure if they would want to exceed the HP of the GT350, but I would think 515 to 525 would be a good spot.

I love the shaker on mine and certainly on the classic Mach’s, but I think they should not even try to put a shaker on the new body style. It will never look good with a shaker.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote