Thread: 2021 Mach1!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #19
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: 2021 Mach1!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
I have a hard time thinking Ford was developing a hybrid mustang alongside the GT500 that finally launched. To have a hybrid and/or a DCT would take away from both the Shelby and the Mach E which I just don't see them doing. Unless the 350 goes away I dont see a reasonable slot for it. The Bullitt was stupid imho
Both a naturally aspirated 5.2L V8 with a manual and DCT option, or a hybrid 5.0L V8 with manual and 10-speed automatic, would provide the right amount of engine response for the old stoplight-to-stoplight acceleration feel, just like the '03/'04 Mach 1s did. It would depend on the pricing, of course. The GT500 is up there in the price, so I don't think it would steal anything from those sales. People who buy that car want the top dog crazy power car.

The GT350 is a different animal with its engine and price point.

Regarding the Bullitt (I have a 2019, as well as a 2001 and 2009), it actually was quite smart because it's a hoot to drive, sounds great, and it hits the nostalgia buttons for many. It followed the recipe of the other 2 generations - a bit of a step up from the GT in performance with a cool color (you can get black though). In my mind, that car is priced right in the slot that a new Mach 1 would fit.

As much as I love the shaker, if it doesn't have one and that powertrain produces some grunt like our '03/'04 Mach 1s do relative to the GT and Bullitt back in the day, I would go for it.
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote