View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 06:23 PM   #149
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Only thing I'm still battling with is the idle. Car will idle fine most of the time. I have my idle timing min set to zero. I have my IAC required airflow values set very low, I'd say 20% of the stock values with the restrictor in place. If I don't the car will want to idle at 2k. I played with the dashpot settings and right now I have them all zero'd out, which when its behaving is nice because there is zero hanging idle.

Sometimes it will be idling fine at 700-800, and then for no reason it will bump up to 1,300. Or it won't drop the idle down coming to a stop, I shut the car off, and restart and it will idle normal again.

It is really annoying because my BOV goes nuts and my car just sounds like a jet preparing for take off. Any advice before I buy a new IAC? Tried cleaning it with no success. Does the IAC duty cycle really have to be between 30-50% for idle control? If I let it flow that much air it won't even come close to idling under 1k. Perhaps this is a sign it is sticking open even though I'm commanding it to essentially be closed. If it was really closed, the car should in theory not even idle right?

Car is running open loop all the time. Closed loop throws the fueling all over the place and the car runs like trash. Idle AFR is perfect. This idle issue has been present ever since I put a smaller pulley on, even with the dyno tune I was previously running from a local shop.

Thanks!

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote