Thread: Need opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #10
311-420
Can't be bridled

Re: Need opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruza View Post
For me, I define "rasp" as the undefined or sorta wet super loud exhaust. The H midpipes made mine more like the old musclecar sound, deeper and more defined. Mine has a blatty sound when I goose it (like a 1/4 throttle) from lower RPM's. But when I floor it, it's more defined and musclecar/ pushrod racecar kinda sounding after ~2500-3000 RPM's. It seems like the splatty sound continues on through the RPM's with X pipe setups. Is that not what you've experienced?
That splatty sound is the rasp I was talking about too. It continues throughout rpm range with x and h pipes too from everything I've seen in vids and in person. The cats will calm it down a lot. Full sized mufflers with packing like magnaflow, slp powerflo, steeda etc (not a chambered muff like flow or mac that doesn't have packing) will get rid of that splat all together. An offroad pipe with a chambered muffler will trade the splatty rasp sound for a coffee can sound. Sorta hard to explain the sound but similar to marbles in a coffee can. That sound only last between 2300rpm and 3000rpm then goes away with the chambered mufflers.

Sometimes what we hear inside the car is not the same as people outside the car hear. Best way to know would be having someone drive your car while you stand outside or make a vid yourself and watch it if you can't have someone drive it for you.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote