View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #68
MachOneThis

Re: Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03AV8R
Nope Sorry, just the opposite.. Your basically not allowed any bolt-ons but the legal specs for the motor allows for additional work.. You can have alot of things pushed right to the edge of the envelope on the motor & make more power.. Like i said, these guys who are on top are makin 350+ HP in that class..
Yep - that is right -

All stock classes have rules, but many things can be improved when horsepower only is the desired result. Valve jobs - clearancing on the loose side of spec - sealing the motor up better - degreeing of cams - etc - makes a lot of horsepower. Believe me there is more to be found than F/S has done to date - that is why the bar gets higher every year. In some S/S NHRA classes they say the cams have to stock lift and duration - they did not say you could not regrind with faster opening/closing - that is where S/S cams came in to the scene. S/S also may flow 8 heads/intakes that are stock castings looking for the best - yes - they vary some. Cubic limits are there for a reason, but they have to allow for rebuilds - if 289 is the limit - that is where all the top guys will be. He'll, if I was running F/S - I would lighten all those cam gears and design a tensioner system that used rollers instead of nylon to press against main chains.
MachOneThis is offline   Reply With Quote