View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #30
ponygt65

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1 View Post
Steeda sends 3 pullies when you order but tells you the Alt .pullie is not to be used unless worn or damaged on a MACH. Motoblue has been making FFRP pullies forever! .
Yep...I used to have a set of Steeda's......the alt pulley is already a 'UD', that's why they say not to install it. Just because Motoblue has made some FRPP pulleys, doesn't mean they are safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
Redlining your car is going to cause problems with UD's or not. The increased vibrations will always be there, the UD's will just let more of the vibrations resonate throughout the crank. Here is how that is solved: DON'T BE STUPID AND REDLINE OR GET ANYWHERE NEAR THAT!
Let us know your track times shiftin' at 5500...I'm curious to know how that works out.

Look, every one has their own opinion. I used to have the pulleys installed (on my Ex's car) and I paid to take them off......it just wasn't worth the risk IMO. We dont' ahve a 2V car, so you can't compare them. The Cobra's are a slightly different 4V as well. You can't compare our motor to other modular's all the time. Do as you wish.........some of us just think it is better to not install them.

Previous stangs:
2003 Mineral Grey Cobra Vert
1965 Factory GT K Code Coupe - mostly original and numbers matching. 14.9 (best) GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!
2003 MACh 1 AB - MINE!..SLP LM1s, PHP Spacer, and a CAI, that wont' stop whistling.
2004 MACh 1 DSG - PHP spacer, BOrla Stingers, K and N CAI, Tune, X-pipe, 1" 1-piece raised shaker...yadda yadda.
ponygt65 is offline   Reply With Quote