View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #19
SVTSnake
Mach Freak

Re: Bassani header install progress...

Went to LaRocca's yesterday morning to get retuned.

First pull was just to see where we had to start with the A/F ratio with the addition of the headers. Believe it or not, it really wasn't too far off. Jimmy likes for the A/F to stay within the 13.1-13.5 range throughout the pull. My numbers from last July were 299.3 HP and 319 FT. LBS. TRQ. That was after about 6-7 pulls getting it right.

1st pull made 302 HP and 311 FT. LBS. TRQ. Now remember, this was without Andrew touching anything. Working some magic on his laptop, next pull was 316 HP and 325 FT. LBS. TRQ. However, A/F was a little rich in the normal cruising range, so he went back to work. We settled on 313 HP and 322 FT. LBS. TRQ with the A/F staying a consistent 13.3-13.5 across the entire pull! Timing is and has been set at 28 degrees since last year. So the headers netted a total of 14 HP and 1 FT. LBS. TRQ. However, it gained across the boards throughout the band.

As far as being worth it for the time it took to install them, YES! I would do it again, and again. If my car was pretty much stock and I wasn't going to add anything else to it, then no, I would not do headers. I can definitely feel a difference driving the car despite Orange Whips concerns. The car pulls like a mofo and takes off like a bat out of hell. Though they are not for everyone, I really enjoyed the addition and improvement that I have seen, not only by seat of the pants, but from the dyno as well!

As for price, I don't want to publish it, but I have sent you a PM with the price that Mark at Lightning Performance gave to me! Mark and his company are A+++ as far as pricing on Bassani products, and a class act to deal with as well!

2003 Mach 1 - Zinc Yellow
Born 06/12/03, VIN# 436142
5 Speed, IUP
312 HP, 321 FT. LBS. TRQ. (5/10/05)
SVTSnake is offline   Reply With Quote