View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #12
not a gt

Re: Radiator fan help..electrical aspect

What a nightmare. Dealer hooked up laptop and thru the PCM with car off was able to control ccrm to have Low and High speed fan worked...when we started car, at lo turn on temp fan came on lo for a millisecond then went to high..if we weren't looking at laptop would have missed it. I drained coolant resvoir from full to half (Morose tank). I drove home, car stayed at 181 driving (92 degree day), and upon stopping hit 191 but fan cooled it back down..thought I was done, good to go. Not...Tonight went for ride, car did good, 183 degrees for 15 miles, then temp started climbing. Stopped for 20 minutes..drove again..60 mph temp climbed to 230 degreen and at a stop sign car died and my fuel pressure gage showed 100 psi. Temp would not come down so I pulled over for half hour to cool. I drove home doing 30 mph and temp stayed at 230 degrees. What's weird is as temp tried to drop, fuel pressure came down, but still high (50 psi vs normal 30 psi) I pulled in barn and fan running on high, temp went to 217..what is weird is is front of radiator cool o touch from fan and on a metal coolant tank could hold my hand flat on it for a slow 8 count before too hot (this with Aero force gage showing 217 degrees but dash gage dead in the middle) I need help !!!! Seems intermittent. .one ride temp does fine, then the high temp...been burped really good..so..water pump?? (It is a stock from AM about 3 years ago), new 170 T stat last year. Could a flaking out PCM be causing all these issues??? I am to the point the car I loved I now hate..haven't driven an uneventful ride in YEARS..I am ALWAYS working on this cooling issue and have changed everything associated with cooling twice...please guys..chime in, to the point just want to sell car and that is a BAD place to be. Thanks guys.
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote