View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 11:29 PM   #72
MachOneThis

Re: Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!!

Another trip to the track tonight.

Was apprehensive since track so bad last time, but a lot of Pro cars there tonight. I did the burnout - a dry hop at 5000 - felt pretty good, but have felt it better. I left at 5000 - as soon as I dumped, I thought should have left higher - ran 12:15 @111.91. Got back in line and left at 5500 this time - probably could have left even higher - ran 12.04 @ 112.53. I wanted to get back in line and leave even higher, but track getting really busy so I came home. There is more in it and I am still on the before cam tune. Leaving harder tonight would have definetly put it in the 11s. The good thing is I do not think we will run any slower this summer. Air gets hotter in the summer but barometer usually better than 29.85. If I'm right - high 11s in the middle of summer would be outstanding.

Weather

Not bad, but barometer was only 29.85 - temp around 63. Ran a best of 12.17 last year without the cams in better air.

About the Car

Drive it 30 miles each way to the track and drive it home. Car has most all of the bolt on stuff. Easier to say what it does not have. Does not have race seats and both front seats still in car. Does not have AC bypass or reduction pullies. No head work - stock intake (no porting). Race weight tonight was 3470.

Will continue to post updates.
MachOneThis is offline   Reply With Quote